Welcome to the UNIK Wiki at Kjeller. UNIK, the University Graduate Centre, is a non-profit education and research foundation. The programs are: Information and Communication Technology, Micro-electronics and Photonics, and Cybernetics and Applied Mathematics.
These pages contain information about ongoing research, participation in international projects and demonstration/prototype developments.
UNIK ICT Mobility Networking InformationSecurity SignalProcessing Shannon RadioPropagation Publications JosefNoll Research UserProfile Semantics IdentityManagement Beyond3G NFC MobileSemantics MobileServices Context Bluetooth UWB DeviceProfiles RadioMobility Radio Nordomradet SIM Identity Courses FutureTV Nordomrade Networks
- EU Artemis project nSHIELD - new embedded Systems arcHItecturE for multi-Layer Dependable solutions
List of all projects
- EU Artemis project pSHIELD - pilot embedded Systems arcHItecturE for multi-Layer Dependable solutions - finished December 2011
- ITEA WellCom project on Interactive TV - finished in 2011
- SWACOM - Secure and reliable Wireless and Ad hoc COMmunications - finished in Aug 2010
- Itea Wellcom on "Personalised Broadband Services in the Home"
- Aurora - Optimization of Broadband Wireless Communications Networks
- Eureka Itea Sumo "Service Ubiquity in Mobile and Wireless Realm"
- IST FP6 ASG "Adaptive Services Grid"
- IST FP6 ePerSpace "Towards the era of personal services at home and everywhere"
- Eurescom P1401 OSIAN "Operators Strategy, business models and demonstrations for using Innovative home services to increase the ARPU in the fixed Network"
UniK is offering project partnership
UniK has a good tradition of being involved in international research projects. These include Eureka ITEA and Celtic Initiatives, as well as EU' FP6 projects. We are looking for partnership in the 7th framework programme, FP7.
Our expertise is a.o. in
We have close co-operation with Telenor's Innovation lab PATS (http://www.pats.no), and are able to create and control mobile services in the Norwegian Market. Examples of that are key distribution for NFC based admittance, semantic matching of user preferences with the electronic service guide (ESG).
As part of the University of Oslo several EU projects have been joined
- EPiCS, FP7, - Robin group at Ifi
- ITEA SUMO, WellCom
- Artemis Shield