Welcome to the UNIK Wiki at Kjeller. UNIK, the University Graduate Centre, is a non-profit education and research foundation. The programs are: Information and Communication Technology, Micro-electronics and Photonics, and Cybernetics and Applied Mathematics.
These pages contain information about ongoing research, participation in international projects and demonstration/prototype developments.
Shannon RadioPropagation UNIK Publications ICT Mobility Networking InformationSecurity JosefNoll Research UserProfile Semantics IdentityManagement Beyond3G NFC MobileSemantics MobileServices Context Bluetooth UWB DeviceProfiles RadioMobility Radio SignalProcessing Nordomradet SIM Identity Courses FutureTV Nordomrade Networks
Interested in a Master's Degree in Informatics with focus on Security and Mobility (I:SIM) that combines coursework and a research project in the areas of Mobility and Networking, Information Security, and Signal Processing? Scroll down and you'll find a list of topics for a Master's project.
- EU Artemis project nSHIELD - new embedded Systems arcHItecturE for multi-Layer Dependable solutions
List of all projects
- EU Artemis project pSHIELD - pilot embedded Systems arcHItecturE for multi-Layer Dependable solutions - finished December 2011
- ITEA WellCom project on Interactive TV - finished in 2011
- SWACOM - Secure and reliable Wireless and Ad hoc COMmunications - finished in Aug 2010
- Itea Wellcom on "Personalised Broadband Services in the Home"
- Aurora - Optimization of Broadband Wireless Communications Networks
- Eureka Itea Sumo "Service Ubiquity in Mobile and Wireless Realm"
- IST FP6 ASG "Adaptive Services Grid"
- IST FP6 ePerSpace "Towards the era of personal services at home and everywhere"
- Eurescom P1401 OSIAN "Operators Strategy, business models and demonstrations for using Innovative home services to increase the ARPU in the fixed Network"
UniK is offering project partnership
UniK has a good tradition of being involved in international research projects. These include Eureka ITEA and Celtic Initiatives, as well as EU' FP6 projects. We are looking for partnership in the 7th framework programme, FP7.
Our expertise is a.o. in
We have close co-operation with Telenor's Innovation lab PATS (http://www.pats.no), and are able to create and control mobile services in the Norwegian Market. Examples of that are key distribution for NFC based admittance, semantic matching of user preferences with the electronic service guide (ESG).
As part of the University of Oslo several EU projects have been joined
- EPiCS, FP7, - Robin group at Ifi
- ITEA SUMO, WellCom
- Artemis Shield
Proposed Master Projects
A supervisor is specified for each project. Contact the supervisor if you are interested in doing a project.
If you are not a student of a Norwegian University, please find information on remote thesis supervision here
NFC - Near Field Communications
Sensor Communication and Internet of Things
Communication in the North
Advances in Radio prediction
Radio prediction in Oslo (Example from Astrix/Telenor)
- WLAN security, user behavior monitoring, passive data gathering, vulnerability tests
- Design a device domain controller and interconnect with PATS
- Cost of DRM Technologies
- A digital rights management system for home content
- Explore capabilities of current media players with focus on encryption and device domain access
- Integrate Easy Pairing with Radius
Ongoing and Finished Master Projects
Master Theses in 2008/2009
- Thomas Carlyle, Trusted Secure Service Design
- Arlindo Bengui Andre, Performance analysis of upcoming standards for mobile communications
- Joachim Reitan, Semantic Technologies and Publish/Subscribe in Support of Distributed Decision Making
Master Theses in 2007/2008
- Řyvind Berget, Protection Mechanisms for NFC
- Joakim Flathagen, Service Discovery in Ad-Hoc Networks
- Řystein Sandnes, Personal device integration through Near Field Communication
Master Theses in 2006/2007
- Functionality of Alternative Broadband Access and Impact on Market, by Saqib Rana
- Analysis of Network and Machines with focus on time and service-availability, by Nils Řyvind Audestad
Master Theses in 2005 Master Thesis in 2005/2006
- Haakon Eikenes and Thomas Halvorsen, The Mobile Phone as a Doorkeeper
- Ola Hřiby, Use the mobile phone authentication for picture access
- Erzsébet Somogyi and György Kálmán, HomeNetworking: (Remote) Management of Home Gateway and Remote accesss to "my" Content
- Marianne Rustad, Service development: Using Ontology to create Semantic Web services in a commuter (tourist scenario)
- Andreas Třnnesen, Implementation of ad hoc routing protocols
- Fredrik Andreassen, Quality of Service in ad hoc networks
- Sondre W. Engell, Security in mobile ad hoc networks
- Kjersti Irene Sand, Quality of Service in ad hoc networks
- Christina Valeur, Key Management in ad hoc networks
- Thomas Nordli, Implementation of ad hoc routing protocols
- Lars Strand, Distributed firewalls home page
- Shiva Sitaula, Quality of Service in ad hoc networks
- Mobility in IPv6 - lab project -> ipv6lab.html
- Implementations of routing protocols
- Multicast in wireless networks
Selected areas of PhD Research
- Zahid Iqbal, User and Community profiles
- Toan Hoang, Dynamic Spectrum Access
- Sarfraz Alam, Device Community
- Lars Strand, Security in Open Source Communication Systems
- Mohammad Mushfiqur Rahman Chowdhury, Identity based Seamless Service Interaction in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, ongoing work, but PhD finished in Sept 2009
- Elin Sundby Boysen, Generic solutions to include new carrier systems in UMA
- Lars Landmark
- Son T. Nguyen, Secure Wireless and Ad hoc Communications
- Mariann Hauge, finished June 2007
- Eli Winjum, Trust Metric Routing in Ad hoc Networks, finished May 2006
- Anne Marie Hegland, Security in mobile ad hoc networks, finished 2007
- György Kálmán, Personal and Device Authentication in Personal Area Networks, finished Aug 2009
Misc. areas of related research
- Erik Lillevold, Agents on Semantic Web
- Juan Gomez, Semantic Technologies, (visiting researcher May/June 2007)
- WikiPlayGround - test this page to write your own wiki pages
- PmWikiWishlist for new functionality in the PmWiki @ Unik.no
- Administration of Wiki Pages